Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Brunch

As I mentioned before, we co-hosted an Easter brunch for our community group (aka small group, Bible study, cell group, etc.) on Easter Sunday.  I decided it was the perfect time to do some useless crafts that I will probably give me greater joy than anyone who sees them.  :)



The Easter banner!  I found an egg shape online, plunked it down in Photoshop, put in letters and printed them out!  I actually wanted them to print in color but forgot to change it from the default B&W setting, so I did have to color the letters in hand, so the lines weren't as clean.  But I don't think anyone noticed.  I used some cute clothesline clips with little floral egg shapes on them I got some Ikea to clip them to some baker's twine.


The flowers (daisies?  sunflowers?) were made from coffee filters and some construction paper.


Brunch was preeeeetty awesome and reeeeeally delicious.  :)


Tim concocted what he calls "strawberry cheesecake" waffles.  :)  The "spread" is sweetened cream cheese and we bought strawberry syrup!  (Who knew they made such a thing as strawberry syrup!)  You drizzle the strawberry syrup onto the cream cheese and it's supposed to taste just like strawberry cheesecake!


I made a menu!  Just because!  haha.  :)

See my tri-fold menu!  The cute little icons are from Kevin & Amanda, "best bite doodles"  That was probably my favorite part of the menu.  Except Jesus and Easter and Matthew 28:19-20.  ;)

A couple people did comment on the decorations so not all was lost.  :oP  And I made Tim look at them of course.  :)

Do you do crafts even if you feel like you're the only one who sees or appreciates them?
                           

1 comment:

  1. Of course we make them even if no one notices! The fun part is the making part after all..(usually, lol)

    Love the coffee filter suns, genius! And its breakfast here now and your brunch is making me sooooo hungry! :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...