Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hunger Games movie


So Tim and I read the book a couple weeks ago. I ordered the box set at the beginning of April but Amazon ran out of 'em and they just shipped (20+ days later!) I requested the second book from the library but the line is L.O.N.G.

Excitedly, we went to see the Hunger Games movie last Saturday. Not to deter anyone from seeing it --- but we thought it was "okay." Don't get us wrong, it was an exciting movie, but we had some beef with the character development! And the shaky camera work made me dizzy at some parts. I suppose some people might not have seen it yet, so I don't want to spoil it but Tim and I both thought the book was way better.  Of course we know that movies don't usually cover books in their entirety, but we felt what was missing was kind of important!

I'm excited our box set is coming in next week (though I did just pick up The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Monday Mornings by Sanjay Gupta [the CNN doctor!] from the library today). I've also been going through Harry Potter since I never actually read the whole series when it was cool to be reading it. I had somehow managed to only read books 2 and 3 (sooo out of character of me to not read book one first?!) and then I believe... book 4 was too beastly of a book for me during a time in high school when I had a lot of work to do! I got it from the library, renewed it like 3 times and then gave up. But with all these exciting books this week, Harry book 4 will have to wait!

Have you seen the Hunger Games movie? Did you read the book first? Which one did you like better?
          

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see that you replied to my comment on the book post until now. But no, we read the books first also (all 3). We just watched the movie on Friday also! We agree about the character development issue, that's why I almost always prefer reading the book first! It makes more sense when watching the movie. But we still enjoyed seeing a visual portrayal of the story. And we liked Caesar Flickerman. And it was good (for all the moviegoers who don't read the books) that they added some more "behind the scenes in the Capitol" scenes because it shows how the story is developing overall in the trilogy, so that people will get a sense of continuity in #s 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...