Saturday, January 29, 2011

cup of kindness

The other day through some blog I stumbled upon Operation Nice.  It's a blog/site that encourages people to be proactively nice!  This was one story I came upon I liked.  :]


NICE Testimony: Cup of Kindness - Dec 7, 2010, written by Elyse

Today was one of those days that kind of got off to a rough start. My favorite pair of jeans totally split down the leg. There must be some sort of invisible seam there or something. Anyways, I went to do some errands before class at Target. The lovely smell of Starbucks was tempting me, so I decided to go in. I remarked to my friend, Emma, who was with me, how much I liked this cup Starbucks had on display. I decided against buying it and went on ordering my drink.

The man behind me picked up the cup and remarked how nice it was. He then proceeded to ask the barista how much it was. Being told it was $10 he said okay and purchased it. He then turned around and handed the cup to me with a simple "Merry Christmas" and walked away.

I was absolutely gobsmacked. I did not know what to say. I just said thank you and Merry Christmas. I then proceeded to buy the next person's drink because this simple act of kindness touched my heart so much. I know it's the holidays and everyone has the spirit, but wouldn't life be a little better if we passed on little acts of kindness through out the year? It genuinely touched my heart and I will always remember how this act turned my day completely around. And to that anonymous gentleman out there, thank you from the bottom of my heart.



LIKE.  :]  Visit Operation Nice for nice stories.  :]
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...