Friday, January 28, 2011

love mercy part 2

Love Mercy: A Mother and Daughter's Journey from the American Dream to the Kingdom of God  A few weeks ago, I wrote about  "Love Mercy: A Mother and Daughter's Journey from the American Dream to the Kingdom of God."  I finally finished it last week and here are two more quotes I liked and found thought provoking that I want to share, both from Lisa Samson (the mom):
How much different would my life be if I ran my actions through fewer filters?  Can you imagine Jesus being asked to heal and responding," Oh I was on my way to the synagogue.  I'll catch you when I'm finished, and we'll take care of that disease then."  What would it look like if I lived in imitation of the Father, who owns the cattle on a thousand hills and says his mercies are from everlasting to everlasting?
 -------------------------
God's great love for me means I can't misrepresent that love to anyone else.  His great love is the model for how to run our charities and churches.  Above all, his love shows us how to love each other.

Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.  ~  John 13:34-35
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...